Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I've been to Hell and Back....

Mason decided that we needed a family vacation together since he had been working so hard at work, and in our yard. So what kind of vacation did he plan for us.....Camping! Ugh, could it be anything worse? I suppose that you might think that I am spoiled or selfish, but I was raised that if you go on vacation it is to a Hotel! Where people make your bed for you, they cook all the food you are going to eat, you have a shower with running water that is hot, and you have the most important thing a flushing toilet! Seriously is camping really a vacation where you have to do all the work? I don't think I will ever understand this kind of vacationing...

Anyways we start our "Vacation Trip" up Parley's Canyon when we see a bunch of trucks on the side of the road broken down. I'm thinking to myself those poor people out in that heat stranded how awful would that be, but wait I start to see smoke coming from PaPa's truck in front of us. Mason said, "Oh, it's just some shadows." Right, Babe! Then PaPa called us to say that we needed to stop at the nearest exit to figure out what was up with the truck. Luck for us there was a guy at Chevron that had a friend who worked on Radiators. So we proceed to drive to his friends work for him to fix it. Where Nana, Brayden, Brinnley, 3 Dogs, and myself tried to stay entertained in the car while it got fixed. 2 hours later we were finally on our way too Mirror Lake. I forgot about the fun little habit that Papa and Mason picked up from the mechanic of humming that they would continue the rest of the camping trip. When we got to the camp site the truck had had it! It was smoking and hissing! I guess it was just a temporary fix!

Well instead of boring you will all the details I will just give you some highlights:

  • We had to tent it!
  • Forgot the cap to the Mattress Pad!
  • Sleeping on Rocks!
  • Pouring Rain and Lighting every night!
  • Hundreds of Mosquito's!
  • Stinky Out Houses!
  • Changing the kids dirty clothes all day long!

Last but not least, when we finally were able to go home Brayden told us that he was hungry and his belly hurt. That morning he didn't eat breakfast because he just wanted to play around since he knew that we were going home. So on our way home we stopped at McDonald's in Park City to get him a hamburger. Yeah, he wasn't hungry he was car sick, and had to puke! So if you saw a McDonald's bag on I-215, that was ours with a fun surprise inside!

I guess I can't say that everything was horrible. It was great to see Mason for days in a row, and the kids just loved fishing! Brayden even learned how to cast his own pole. It was great to get out of the heat too.

The truck was smoking like crazy, but by the time I realized that my camera shutter wasn't opening it was all done.

Fishing at the lake!

Brayden had to explore everything.

Brinnley with her fishing pole.

Mason showing Brayden how to cast.

Our big catch!



Brayden loved to cast out his own fishing pole.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love your title to this post! Very clever. Hee Hee! The kids looked like they had fun, and that's what matters, right!? I'm with you on the tenting. NO WAY! Next time you can come with us... We've got room in the 5th Wheel.... you guys get the boat, and we'll provide the shelter... sound like a plan!?

Courtney and Mason said...

Amanda thanks for the inspiration on the title. Defiantly for sure when we get our boat we will have to go somewhere awesome! Count me in!!