Wednesday morning before Mason surgery, Mason took Brayden fishing for the first time. There is this neat little reservoir pond with in walking distance from our house that we see people fishing at all the time. So Mason thought that it would be a lot of fun to take Brayden to try it. I was a little worried knowing the attention span of a 4 year old, but with in 15 minutes of being there Brayden caught the first fish of the day. Way to go Buddy! Mason caught 2 more with in the 3 hours they were there. Brayden didn't once get bored, or ask to go home. He had the best time playing on the rocks, and exploring the bugs of course. Brayden was a little worried about the fish they had caught. He thought they were trying to bite him since they were opening and closing their mouths. Sorry buddy they were just trying to breathe. When they got home Brayden had to show Brinnley and I their catch. Both of us freaked being the girlie girls that we are. Brayden proceeded to tell Brinnley it was dinner, and she said "No Way!", and I said "I'm with you girlfriend!"
Mason had his surgery and everything went great! He was a little sore for the first couple of days, but what a trooper he is as he will be returning to work tomorrow. Such a work-alcoholic! I just had to take the picture below. He totally reminded me of the lunch lady on Billy Madison. You know the one that says " I made Sloppy Joe's, I made them extra Sloppy!"
The high-light from the hospital trip was when the doctor came out to explain to me that the surgery went well, and to explain to me what I could expect. What I wasn't expecting was what the doctor was going to tell me. He told me that Mason no longer had a outer belly button, and that it was an inner belly button, and all the fun experimenting that we could have. Ewe!! Hate to break it to you doc, but that is not a turn on at all for me!! It's just a lint collector.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Brayden's First Catch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That's Awesome Brayden caught fish! How cool! That's pretty sick about the belly info!TMI :) I am glad everything went okay.
Court. You are the best blogger! Seriously. Your writing makes me feel like I'm right there. How great for Brayden that he enjoyed fishing so much! What fun! And, I'm with you... Fish are disgusting. But, it's the idea of fishing with Dad that's fun, right? Although... Shelby will be a great fisherwoman because she carried a live worm all around the circle and then set it in my flowers. ICK! Cute pic of Mason. He looks so happy to be there! Poor Guy.
Hey cute page! :)
Post a Comment