Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Santa Knows....

"He sees you when your sleeping... He knows when your awake... He knows if you've been bad or good so be good for goodness sake!"

Oh, you better watch out. You better not cry. You better not pout I'm telling you why.....

Can I just say I love Christmas time, and the effect Santa has on kids! I can remember when Mason and I were first married, and we would be out at the store and I thought that it was so horrible that parents would use Santa over their kids head to keep them in line. I vowed that I would never do that, and luckily for me I have been able to keep my promise since Brayden knows that Santa is watching....

We've been watching a lot of Christmas shows lately that show you how Santa checks in on you like "Fred Claus" has a big globe, and "The Polar Express" has televisions to see what is going on. Well the other day Brayden asked me where the camera was hidden in his room. I of course told him that Santa was magical and didn't need a camera. He's got Santa and Elf Technology that's beyond us figuring out. He was content with this answer. So ever since then as soon as he realizes that he has done something naughty he tries to be ever so cool about trying to make sure that Santa catches him on his camera. He'll look all around the room as if he is trying to get noticed, and says "I'm sorry, Santa!" It's seriously the funniest thing ever!! I have the hardest time ever just not bursting out into laughter.

Every time that Brinnley is naughty Brayden makes her fully aware of this. He tells her "You're being naughty... Santa is watching" over and over like a broken record until Brinnley shouts "I know!" I really think he is trying to help her, and wants to let her know of his plan of "being caught saying sorry."

I really hope I can be camera ready the next time he does this. Also I really think the next 2 weeks will be a breeze, and that they will just discipline themselves!

"He's making a list, and checking it twice, gonna find out whose naughty or nice...."

Santa Claus is Coming to Town!

3 comments:

Foutz Family said...

Hey Cort-

Me too! Emma is always saying that the elves can see her. I love that Brayden talk outload to Santa!

Hope all is going great! Merry Christmas...lets do something with the cuzs after the holidays!

-Amanda

Steve and Kenna said...

I don't use Santa over their kids head to keep them in line because they have know for the last 2 years that I am Santa. Once they know this they get realy nice to you in Dec.

Amanda said...

Court, your kids are DARLING! I love that you are such a great Mom and don't hold Santa over their heads. I'm SO guilty of that. Next year will be different though... Shelby loves to sing that song, so I just use that as a reminder... Hee Hee. That picture of Brayden and Brinnley is the cutest ever. I'm so glad you take so many pictures. Time goes too fast to just wait for the perfect one!