So Thanksgiving weekend we got the Christmas Spirit on and set up all the many Christmas Decorations. I don't know why but for some reason I was not in the mood to set it up this year. Thank goodness for Mason though he had the excitement for the both of us. He even put the Christmas Lights up on our house on his birthday. What Christmas joy this brought the kids.
For some reason Brayden has this fear of the Grinch. In our movie closet we have the movie "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and we have to hide it on the top shelf all year long. I still have no idea why this cartoon scares him since he loves to watch all the Jurassic Park movies. I think those are ten times scarier. Anyways when we pulled out the Grinch Ornament he wanted nothing more to do with decorating the tree so of course we had to hide the Ornament.
A couple of weeks later The Grinch was on T.V.. I told the kids if they would watch it with me I would play Hide and Go Seek (Their Favorite Game) with them before they had to go to bed. Brayden went straight to his room to get his PJ's on, and climbed in bed. Of course I didn't want him going to bed at 7:00pm because that would mean that I would be up around 5:00am. So instead I dragged him out to watch the show. He covered his eyes and wouldn't watch the show. I was holding him on my lap to make him feel secure, and I could totally feel his heart racing in his chest. At this point I am feeling like a horrible mom for making him do this. He finally relaxed a little when he heard Brinnley laughing at it. Brinnley kept reassuring him that it was just a movie, and that Christmas can't be scary. That's what Halloween was for. After the show was over I caught him smiling. Maybe we conquered this one!



3 comments:
What you didn't want to display my last comment? J/k
I am with you this year, I so did not want to get all the stuff out and up. It's so much work and you know you will be the one to take it all down and put it away!
But the kids make it worth it because they totally love it!
you need to put the finished tree picture on here!
Tell Mason come give us some his Christmas Spirit. We have not put up our Christmas Tree. At this point I have not gone shoping at all. I told my kids that Santa is taking the year off.
What a great Hubby you have! Wade also was the one that was into Christmas this year. Good thing we surround ourselves with such wonderful men, huh!? I love those "naughty and nice" ornaments. How cute! Brayden is smart cookie! They look like they had a bunch of fun, and that's what it's about, right!? Cute, cute!
Post a Comment