Thursday, October 9, 2008

Brinnley's Surgery

Brinnley had her surgery today, and everything went great. We had to be up at 5:30 this morning to get ready to be at the South Towne Surgical Center by 7:00. We were all sluggish because not a one of us is a morning person. Once we got there all of the nurses, and doctors were so nice. I was surprised at how kid friendly they are, much better than Primary Children's Hospital. They were so cute with Brinnley, and Brayden. They let the two of them preform the Pre-op check-up on Brinnley's Care Bear. It really helped Brinnley relax and be comfortable. Kudos to STSC.

It's a fairly quick surgery to have the tubes put in her ear only about 5 minutes. The hard part was just waiting around for it to be our turn. Around 8:30 they finally took her in. I was a smart mom this time and brought the portable DVD player, and we watch Ice Age while we waited for her to have surgery, and to recover. Hopefully now we won't have to experience another Ear Infection. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Now that we are all extremely tired from getting up at 5:30 this morning we are off to take a nap. Luckily for the Kids and I we can do that. Poor Mason had to head off to work! Someones got to pay for the surgery, right?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

HOORAY! I'm glad her surgery went so well. I'll keep my fingers crossed she won't have anymore infections. Poor girl. Enjoy your nap!

LOVE YOUR NEW LAYOUT! You find the cutest stuff. NO FAIR!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks! I love fall, this year has been weird cause it's so warm. I had to have tubes in my ears too when I was little, I don't remember if I still had ear infections, but hopefully Brinnley won't. I'm glad the surgery went good. And that picture of her in the truck is hilarious.

Nikki said...

Poor girl! Thats no fun. my nephew had to have them in both ears. But good news is no more ear infections! I love your new layout.

Steve and Kenna said...

I am happy to hear that surgery went well, I hope she does not have to get any more ear infections.

Heather said...

Poor Brinnley! I hope she is feeling better! I feel bad for not offering to take
Brayden, I am an airhead! Sorry, next time, (but I hope there is not a nextime)I will totally watch him! Get back to normal so we can hang! Actually, I have a Dr. Appt next tues for sam, maybe we could stop by after, I am not sure what time I scheduled it for. Call me later! Can you believe this weather? I hate Utah!