Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Brinnley's Turn to Shine

So I know this picture doesn't look like a girl who isn't excited to take Tumbling Classes, but I tell you it was a struggle to get this girl to go today. Brinnley was really upset with us for not signing her up for soccer lesson's like her brother. We didn't sign her up because you needed to be 4 years old and she will only be 3 in November. We wanted her to take tumbling since she is growing up, and needs to feel she is important to us too. With Brayden being older he gets to do a lot more than her, and it is her turn to finally shine!

We started the day off taking Brayden to Pre-School, and Brinnley and I went shopping for an outfit to get her interested in and feel like she had a say in this matter. We went to Danskin's at the VF Outlet in Draper. I let her pick out what she liked, and we bought it. Bonus for me it looks exactly like the one her Nana gave her so I will just return the one we bought when Brinnley doesn't know. Of course when we were leaving she noticed the toy store, and wanted to ride the bikes. I couldn't let her do that or else we would have been late picking Bradyen up. So with Brinnley how she is, she had to throw a fit. I was trying really hard to not just blow-up at her because I wanted this to be a great day so she wouldn't be nervous later. I tell you I earned the "Super-Mom Award" today. I don't think I yelled once. Scary I tell you. I'd never thought it could be possible. I put up with a lot.

Finally 2 o'clock came around and it was time for tumbling. On our drive over to Marv Jensen's Brinnley was tell Brayden and I that she was not doing this, and if we were going to make her do this she wasn't going to look at us anymore. Classic Brinnley saying! I bribed her with a McDonld's McFlurry Shake if she would do this for me without attitude, or crying she could get one when class was over. We arrived a little early and was able to watch the class before hers and she was able to see what she was going to do. Her frown quickly turned upside down once she realized what this was all about.

Brinnley loved every minute of it! She had a grin for ear to ear the whole time. Even Brayden was a little jealous that he was doing soccer, and not tumbling. He was ok with it though because he said it was only for girls. That's was until he realized she has a boy in her class. Then Brayden asked when he is all done with soccer if he could take tumbling. I let him take the pictures of her fun time so he wouldn't feel left out. I don't know exactly what he did with the camera, but all the picture have a weird coloring to them. It might just be the orangie gym coloring that did it.

Need to stretch so you don't pull a muscle.



Her teacher is the best, and really cute with all the kids. She did a great job all by herself and 7 kids. I sure wish I had the patience.


Making new friends!




She didn't need her bribe when she was all done, but since I had offered I had to pay up. She did such a great job that I gave her her great reward!

Doing her routine....


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh My Gosh! How stinkin' cute is Brinnley? I love watching her "routine"... Always tucking her hair behind her ears... she's gonna be trouble!! That looks like the cutest tumbling class ever! What a great Mom to take her to buy an outfit and McDonald's! Girl. you know how to work it!! Hee Hee... I'm so glad Brinnley had such fun. I can't wait for Shelby to try a class... One day! I'm very proud of you for winning your Mom of the Year award. You totally deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute, she sounds really smart! I like how both of your kids wanted to do both activities too. That is so nice of you to try to make her feel special. I bet she loves you so much!

Heather said...

Too cute! I forgot to tell you walmart actually has cute dance stuff!

Heather H said...

Oh how fun! You make me want to get Olivia started in something but currentley taking her to and from preschool is all I can handle, maybe when she turns 4 in March... or maybe not since the new baby will be born a month later! You are such a fun mom!!